Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What Do You Like Most about the Students at Castle Rock AIKIDO?

Interview with Castle Rock AIKIDO Instructor

Sean: What do you like most about your students at Castle Rock AIKIDO?

Sensei: Well, we have a lot of really good folks here. They are really nice people. Everybody is trying to learn something, trying to grow, and trying to develop themselves. We don't seem to attract people who are out to hurt other, or people with a chip on their shoulder. They are just really nice people, the kind of people you want to hang out with.

Sean: Yeah, I know when I talk with some people about martial arts one of the first things they say is that they are intimidated. They say things like "Oh no, martial arts is not for me" or "I don't want to get hurt," or something like that. But it sounds to me like that is not the kind of person you attract.

Sensei: No, not at all. Typically the people who are a little more hot-headed tend to be attracted to other kinds of martial art styles like MMA. We attract a really neat group, have a great time, and stay safe.

Sean: Cool. What is MMA?

Senesei: MMA stands for mixed martial arts, all the no-holds-bar type fighting you see so much of on cable TV channels these days like Spike or VS.

more interview questions coming...

For more information about our Aikido culture, read our "Make Friends Fast with Aikido!" article.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Thanks for joining BlogDumps.
I like your blog, I am a first degree black belt in Aikido.
I received my belt about a year ago.

All the best
Wolfbernz

Ps. I see the BlogDumps dump truck, but I see an open tag in the begining so the link will not work if you put < in the begining of the link it should work. If you need help let me know.